Sapphos Environmental, Inc. is currently in the lookout for a full-time GIS Intern to assist in the mapping efforts of various company departments, from biology to archeology. The GIS Intern will aide GIS personnel in the analysis and production of spatial/non-spatial data, GIS data capture, geospatial databases, and the extensive application of ArcGIS, while mentored by one or more members of the GIS department.
- Spatial analysis, GIS data capture, conversion, maintenance & documentation.
- Staff GIS assistance.
- Update and maintain graphic files.
- Training database design & maintenance cartographic design.
- Facilitate meetings with clients and/or respond to client phone calls, emails, or other communications.
- Currently working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or closely related field, or exhibit equivalent experience. Master’s degree and certifications a PLUS.
- Fundamental grasp of ArcGIS desktop tools: ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcView, ArcEditor, ArcInfo, etc.
- Understanding of map projections, systems coordination, queries, geodatabases, ArcGIS spatial analysis.
- Capacity to maintain metadata using ArcGIS software.
- Work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Capacity to excel in a teamwork-driven environment.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Please forward your resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org Include the job title GIS Intern in the subject line of your e-mail.