Sapphos Environmental, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time GIS Analyst to join a team of analysts that supports the mapping efforts of a multidisciplinary arrangement of departments. The GIS Analyst will be responsible for GIS data capture, analysis and production of spatial/non-spatial data, management of geospatial databases, and the extensive application of ArcGIS.
- Staff GIS assistance.
- GIS data capture, conversion, maintenance & documentation.
- Maintain geospatial databases.
- Conduct spatial analysis.
- Produce, update, and maintain cartographic outputs and graphic files.
- Coordinate with a multidisciplinary arrangement of departments to ensure GIS support is conducted on-time and within the required budget.
- Maintain KPS and resume and tailor to specific proposals as needed.
- Use cost backup spread sheets and marketing templates to develop and understand project budgets and scopes of work.
- Facilitate meetings with clients and/or respond to client phone calls, emails, or other communications. Identify potential clients and new opportunities with existing clients; help to develop GIS marketing materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or closely related field, or equivalent experience. Certifications a PLUS.
- 1+ years of professional work experience in the field of GIS.
- Solid grasp of ArcGIS desktop tools: ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcView, ArcEditor, ArcInfo, etc. ArcGIS Pro a PLUS.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS online and associated mobile applications.
- Solid grasp of GPSs: Garmin and Trimble units, and associated software.
- Competency on map projections, systems coordination, queries, geodatabases, ArcGIS spatial analysis.
- Capacity to maintain metadata using ArcGIS software.
- Ability to sustain project management tasks in coordination with client objectives and internal procedures.
- Working knowledge of Python or a high-level general-purposed programming language.
- Working knowledge of standardized query language (SQL)
- Work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Capacity to excel in a teamwork-driven environment.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Location: Pasadena, CA
- Salary: Above Market + Full Benefits
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and AD&D insurance, flexible spending account, continued education/training allocation, public transportation sponsorship, generous holiday and vacation package.