Thank you for your interest in joining the Sapphos Environmental, Inc. team. We are dedicated to hiring and retaining the most qualified employees in the industry and are always searching for gifted and committed professionals to join our team.
Sapphos Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please check our current openings for available positions being offered. Sapphos Environmental Inc. offers competitive salaries, as well as great benefits.
If your qualifications match the job criteria, please send your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, references, and writing sample (if applicable) to our Human Resources Department by one of the following methods:
Human Resources Generalist
Sapphos Environmental, Inc. is currently seeking a knowledgeable Human Resources Generalist to help support the firm’s goals in talent acquisition, benefits administration, internal policy implementation and labor law compliance. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a keen capacity to foster the company’s culture through his/her attendance of the staff’s and the firm’s various needs.
- Assist Senior Management in the development and maintenance of job descriptions for all employees. Work with Senior Management team to review and update all job descriptions.
- Assist the President and Senior Management team in recruiting the most qualified applicant for each open position.
- Scheduling of new employee orientation consistent with the orientation training template at least one week prior to the scheduled 1st day, week, month, and year of employment.
Track employee time and attendance. Enforce adherence to timekeeping and recordkeeping policies and procedures:
- Review and report on employee time management.
- Review of time off requests and entry of unforeseen time off.
- Assist accounting in accurate and timely running of payroll and reimbursements.
- Complete annual review and revisions to the personnel manual, including changes and updates to policies and procedures resulting from staff recommendations, input from labor attorneys, and the requirement to comply with state labor laws.
- Schedule trainings for HR compliance and record employee attendance.
- Acknowledge receipt of all staff comments and questions regarding workplace policies and procedures within one working day of the receipt.
- Answer comments and questions or identify recommendations for resolving issues related to workplace policies and procedures within one working week of receipt.
- Schedule one-month, three-month, six-month informal evaluations in the first year of employment and formal annual evaluations for all new employees thirty days prior to the scheduled date, consistent with the specifications of the orientation program.
- Acknowledge, celebrate, and file internal and external letters of commendation for Sapphos Environmental, Inc. dedicated and contract employees.
- Work with supervisors to ensure that a course of corrective action (Performance Improvement Plan) is prepared, written, and implemented to address work performance that requires improvement or correction to attain Sapphos Standards, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor the implementation of the corrective course of action. Work with the Supervisor to make a determination that the corrective course of action was successfully implemented and the desired change in performance achieved or initiate a termination process.
- Ensure all employees are notified of their eligibility for employee benefits at least 30 days prior to eligibility.
Document receipt of benefit related paperwork.
- Savings and retirement/401K
- Employee Incentive Programs
- Training and educational reimbursements
- Work with employee to resolve any questions related to the paperwork.
- Maintain employee benefit files in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local statutes and regulations.
- Master Degree OR Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of experience. Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management, or closely related field preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Project Management experience a PLUS.
- Ability to multitask is a must.
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Capacity to cope with stressful circumstances.
- Constant maintenance of a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Fine-tuned organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Location: Pasadena, CA
- Salary Range: $53,560 - $61,880
- Status: Exempt
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k/Roth retirement accounts with 2% match, flexible spending account, generous PTO package with up t o 12 paid holidays (2 more after one year) in addition to vacation and sick time, annual training allotment, annual gym allotment, monthly public transportation stipend, dog-friendly office and more.